sábado, 29 de octubre de 2011

The Best of Versace for H&M

     I'm a lucky girl and not because it was my birthday a few days ago, but because, in November 17, the new Versace collection for H&M, designed by Donatella Versace, will be available in 300 stores worldwide. As she stated: "the collection for H&M is the essence of Versace. For the collaboration we've brought back from the archives, as well as from more recent collections, some of the icons of Versace, such as the bright prints, the Greek key and daring cuts"
And that's the reason why I am a lucky girl: I adored Gianni Versace. He knew how to exlote women feminity and how to transform a group of models into the real top-models from all times, into the most desired women of the world. And, luckily, this collection has rescued some wonderful Gianni details.


     Let's explore the collection. Donatella has designed one collection for women, one for men and  a  homeware one. Today I'm going to present just the women one.


     Several lines are presented. Among the clothing, I love a black studded leathered dress, which Donatella wore in her last male fashion show in Milano.




     This dress, belonging to the Pelle Borchie line, is accompanied by  black leathered jackets, silken skirt and shirts, studded patent leather little bag... There are even silken dresses in fluorine colors and animal printed bags. Quintessential Versace.





          The Frange line is characterized by its heart prints and fringes. It reminds me to the designs of Spanish fashion designer, Agatha Ruiz de la Prada, and I have to say that I like it.


     
     Stampa line is, for me, the most overloaded: oriental flower prints and animal ones in orange and yellow, blue and green. Very Gianni details from the 90's. Who doesn't remember those printed silken shirts weared by eastern soccer players as Mijatovic, Suker or Prosinecki..? Or the stunning dress which Jennifer Lopez wore at 2000 Grammy Awards? A classic.





    Baby Doll and Bottoni Oro lines are the quietest ones and  also the more commercial. Although they  remind me that wonderful dress weared by Elizabeth Hurley at the "Four Weddings and a Funeral" premier. Do you remind it? It was the moment when I began loving Gianni Versace...





     Finally, Metal Mesh line, ideal for party time, full of golden and silver shines.




     This collection will be launched November 8 in New York, but it won't be in-stores until November 17 (in USA, 19) I can imagine large crowds of women waiting outside the stores to get some pieces of the collection. Prices vary between 100€-200€ in dresses and 20€-50€ in costume jewelry accesories.


     I can't stand large crowds. In fact, I feel overwhelmed. But it won't be strange if you find me the 17th waiting at the gate of my nearest H&M store to enjoy a Versace piece over my body. Will I see you there?

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

 
;