jueves, 24 de noviembre de 2011

Shy'm

     Today I want to introduce you a french singer, whose music I found in one of my latest journeys to France: Shy'm

     I love music and I love listening music from other countries and in other languages; so wherever I travel and listen to a song I like, I search more songs from this artist or group. This is what happened with Shy'm.


     Born as Tamara Martha (November 28, 1985)to a French mother and a French Antillean father (from Martinique), grew up in Trappes (a Paris suburb). Interested in dancing and singing, grew up listening to Zouk and R&B.
     At the age of 19 was discovered by French rapper K'Maro, who agreed to feature her in the song "Histoire de Luv" and followed by the release of her first album "Mes Fantasies" (2006) One song of this album, that I love, is "Femme de Couleur": a statement of principles that proclaims her origins.

     
     Her pseudonym is a portmanteau derived from "shy" and the "M" from Martinique. She presents herself as a shy person, but her passion has allowed her to overcome her shyness and she takes "pleasure in putting herself in the crowd"

     She has released 2 more albums: "Reflets" (2008) and "Prendre l'Air" (2010), album in which appears the first song I heard from her: "Je sais". I love it! What do you think ?


     This November she has won "Danse Avec Les Stars", where she has shown the great dancer she is. But after watching these videos, was there any doubt? Hope you enjoy listening to her as I do



2 comentarios:

Maria Eugenia Aurensanz - Spiral Áurea dijo...

Hola Wastewin

Es una entrada muy bonita. Freddy Mercury sólo o con Queen, marcó una época, un estilo y una forma de vivir. Fue un icono. No comparto su modo de vida pero la respeto totalmente. Me encanta escuchar sus canciones, aunque no entiendo la letra, la música es alegre y transmite vida.

Besotes.

Una Chica Como Cualquier Otra dijo...

Pues sí, Mª Eugenia, aunque no compartamos su forma de vida, hay que reconocer que fue un icono, un genio. Vivió rápido y murió rápido. A saber qué joyas podría haber creado si hubiese seguido vivo...

Gracias por pasar y dejar un comentario.

Besos

Publicar un comentario

 
;